As a Mechanical Engineer intern at Dreem, you will develop state of the art prototypes, mechanisms, and solutions for next generation of our Dreem headband.
You will become part of a team exploring new concepts through analytical modeling and fast iterative prototyping. A wide range of approaches will be explored combining electrical integration, mechanical design, failure analysis and rapid prototyping techniques. We want people who work well in teams; can brainstorm big ideas; work in new technology areas; able to drive a concept into a prototype; and can envision how a prototype could transition into a high-volume consumer product.
- Assist Mechanical Engineering activities in cross-functional team environment.
- Be able to brainstorm new architectures and converge on feasible mechanical designs
- Build, test, and refine prototypes and/or high precision test fixtures
- Model, build, test, and refine prototypes while thinking about how it would scale to higher volumes.
- Participate on a research team providing advice/guidance/insights to your peers in your area(s) of expertise.
- Apply rigorous engineering and tolerance techniques to high precision design requirements.
- Push state of the art technologies and approaches to solving complex mechanical problems
- Take prototypes to increasing levels of fidelity, and work with the product focused engineers to translate early prototypes into potential product directions.
- Perform experiments and failure analysis on Dreem headband