As Dreem's Head of Industrial Design, you will work in our Product team, reporting first to our CEO and then our CPO, and own the creative process for every physical product that we ship: headband, accessories, packaging and future products.
As a hardware-first company, industrial design has played a crucial role in what we've done so far, and will continue to do so:
- the current products have been conceived with the world's top ID agencies (including Yves Behar and Fuseproject), and earned a Red Dot product design award
- the challenge is to constantly push the limits of design - we started from something extremely non user-friendly (the polysomnography) and turned it into an consumer product
- there is no other product like ours, and the ID challenges are not easy: the product is personal and intimate (since our users sleep wearing it) but it is also packed with technology; you'll be working hand in hand with a world class team of engineers and scientists
you will also play an important role in being our industrial design evangelist within the team, organizing workshops, etc.
- you will work hand in hand with the other designers of the team (Creative Director, Graphic Designer and agencies) to create a coherent Dreem experience
- Drive the creative process for our products, from inspiration (moodboarding) to final delivery (design for manufacturing)
- Work hand in hand with our engineering team in the R&D process
- Be responsible for interaction design for our products
- Basic prototyping in our lab, as well as user testing
- Collaboration with stakeholders all along the development cycle (company management, design agencies, manufacturing)
- The position is in Paris, France, with occasional travel